- School Board
E. C. Glass, Heritage Band Members Selected to All-District Honor Band
Several band members from E. C. Glass and Heritage High Schools were selected to the 2012 Virginia Band and Orchestra Directors Association All-District Honor Band.
More than 500 students from 25 different high schools across Central and Southwest Virginia auditioned Saturday at Salem High School.
E. C. Glass’s Leslie Roeser, Mary Ellen Golcheski, Graham Martin and Heritage’s Jun Young Park also qualified for All-State auditions in February.
Members from E.C. Glass who were selected to the All-District Honor Band are:
- Adam Robey, 3rd chair Concert Band, Trombone
- Hailey Roeser, 2nd Alternate, Bari Sax
- Evan Sizemore, 13th chair Concert Band, Clarinet
- Cassidy Sheehan, 5th chair Tuba, Symphonic Band
- Beth Hayes, 4th chair Tuba, Symphonic Band
- Samantha Casey, 4th chair Bassoon, Symphonic Band
- Mychael Ward, 6th chair Trumpet, Symphonic Band
- Mary Ellen Golcheski, 1st chair Oboe (#1 in district), Symphonic Band
- Leslie Roeser, 1st chair Flute (#1 in district), Symphonic Band
- Graham Martin, 1st chair Trombone (#1 in district), Symphonic Band
Members from Heritage High School who were selected to the All-District Honor Band are:
- Alyssa Baber, 2nd Chair Symphonic, Contra Bass Clarinet
- Jun Young Park, 5th Chair Symphonic, Clarinet
- Shari Sites, 13th Chair, Symphonic, Clarinet
- Brea Marshall, 23rd Chair Symphonic, Clarinet
- Andrew Newman, 3rd Chair Symphonic, Baritone
- Christina Trail, 12 Chair Symphonic, Trumpet