- School Board
LCS Orchestras Earn Superior Rating
Lynchburg City Schools’ middle and high school orchestras all received a Superior rating on their performances at the 2012 District VI Concert Assessment at Lynchburg College on March 9. Each orchestra performed three selections for a panel of three judges, sight-read and then received a combined score ranging from Fair to Superior, the highest achievable rating. Performance selections were from music rated from grade levels one through six.
- E. C. Glass High School (Mrs. Blanchard, director) performed Grade VI music.
- Heritage High School (Mr. Stalcup, director) performed Grade V music.
- Linkhorne Middle School (Mrs. Koes, director) performed Grade IV music.
- Paul L. Dunbar Middle School for Innovation (Mrs. Blanchard, director) performed Grade III music.
- Sandusky Middle School (Mr. Stalcup, director) performed Grade II music.