The Bass Academy is an after-school program funded by our CCLC grant. The program is for students in grades 2-5 and is held Monday through Thursday on all the days school is in session. The program begins in August and ends in May. Approximately 20% of the Bass student population attends the academy.
Students who attend the Bass Academy:
- Receive a nutritious snack;
- Have 30 minutes of time to do homework with assistance;
- Spend 2 days in a classroom setting working on reading, writing and math skills;
- Spend one day in the computer lab working with the Study Island software to improve reading and math skills. This is supplemented with time in the library reading books and taking tests with the Accelerated Reading program;
- Spend one day doing an enrichment activity. These activities have included studying insects, studying magnets, tennis, building robots, ceramics.