- The Optimist Club of Lynchburg Winners for 2009-2010
- My Best Older Friend Essay Contest 2008-2009
- Arbor Day Poster Contest 2008-2009 Winner
- Writer in Residence 2008-2009 1st grade Winner
SGA Officers Election for 2011-2012:
- President: Kayshauna Holden
- Vice President: Brinasia Harris
- Secretary: Amiyah Garner
- Treasurer : Ronesia Clark
- Scholar Roll - Students are recognized for earning all A's every six weeks.
- Honor Roll - Students are recognized for earning all A's and B's every six weeks.
- Outstanding Citizenship Awards - Students are recognized for good citizenship behavior every six weeks.
- Optimist Club Winner for Art 2007-2008
- The DESI Lego Team competed in the Regional competition at Heritage High School, December 2007
- Dearington's Team participated in the Fall 2007 and Spring 2008 Stock Market Game against all participating Elementary Schools in the region.
Spelling Bee Winners
- Tarika Ruker-EL, Fifth Grader
National Family Week Awards
- "Why My Family is Special" Essay
- Accelerated Reader Awards
- Optimist Club Youth Recognition
"My Best Older Friend" Writing Contest
All students participate in this writing contest sponsored by Westminster-Canterbury. Winners are selected by a panel from Westminster-Canterbury.
- Dearington Outstanding Sportsmanship Trophy
- Jimmy Ping Kindness Award (Awarded annually to a Dearington Student)
- Virginia Board of Education Competence to Excellence Award 2009
- Lynchburg College Sustained, School-Wide Commitment to Economic Education 2001-2009
- Herbert L. Jackson, Sr. Good Citizen Award (Awarded annually to a Dearington Student)
Lynchburg City Jaycees Christmas Parade Awards
- 1995 - Second Place Float
- 1996 - Second Place Float
- Dr. Leslie M. Camm Award (Awarded annually to a Dearington Student)
- Virginia FLL Regional Project Presentation Award 2006
- Lynchburg City Schools 2007 Certificate of Recognition - Distinguished Title 1 School Division Recognition
- CVRCS Ericsson Partners in Safety Award
Junior FIRST LEGO League
- 2010 Pit Crew Performance Award
- 2011 Dazzling Design Award
- Junior Achievement IN A DAY Recognition - Dearington and Areva (2008 & 2009)
Lynchburg Junior Woman's Club Awards:
- 1988 Sterling Silver for Exemplary Volunteer Program
- 1989 Sterling Silver for Exemplary Volunteer Program
- 1990 Sterling Silver for Exemplary Volunteer Program
- 1991 Sterling Silver for Exemplary Volunteer Program
- 2010 U.S. Census Thank You for Helping to Paint the New Portrait of America
- Lynchburg College Dr. Martin L. King Celebration Lawn Display Award 2001
- Lynchburg City Schools and Lynchburg Regional Chamber of Commerce Partners in Education Recognition
- 2003-2004 Center for Economic Education Lynchburg College - Innovation in Economic Education Award
- Jump Rope for Heart Certificate of Appreciation 2008-2009
VA TECH's Invent the Future - Excellence in Education Award 2008
- Barbara Clair's DESI Mundo Project
Virginia Young Reading Program
- Students Participate Yearly
2006-2007 George H. Irby, Jr. Incentive Award in Region V
- Mrs. Campbell and Mrs. Mathews won for their program entitled, "Feed the Need to Read" which will help the achievement of our students.
Economic Education Teacher Award for Outstanding Economic Educator 2007
- Regional Winner: Ms. Barbara Clair
- Sam's Walmart Teacher of Year 2006: Mrs. Monica Hendricks
Education Foundation Grant 2004-2005
- "The Business of Business"
Virginia Commission For The Arts Grant 2003-2004
- "The Mundo Museum"
- Innovation in Entrepreneurship Award 2002-2003
Education Foundation Grant 2001-2002
- "Captain History"
Charles Rainesford Award Educational Foundation Archeological Grant 1998-1999
- "Digging Into The Past"
Central Virginia Regional Odyssey of The Mind Award
- 1st Place winner 97-98
- 2nd Place winner 98-99
Lynchburg City Schools Educational Foundation Grant
- "Totally Cellular" 1997-98