- Students must have a current athletic physical in order to try out for athletic teams. A physical that is dated as of May 1 of the current year is good for the entire school year.
- A Middle School Athletic Participation & Physical form must be used. No other form, even though signed by a doctor, is acceptable. Athletic physical forms are available at the Athletic Director’s Office (room 600) and in the main office.
- An additional form regarding student conduct and emergency medical treatment information will also be required. This form will be available when school begins in August.
- Completed physicals may be turned in to Mr. Alvis before the due date for fall sports. Please note that for winter and spring sports, physicals are due BEFORE try-outs begin. See the dates below.
- Only 1 physical form is required to participate in all sports for all seasons.
- In order to try out for a team, students must have no more than one (1) “F” on the report card for the 6-weeks period just before try-outs. For example, students who want to try out for a Fall sport must have no more than one (1) “F” on the 6th 6-weeks (NOT final grade) report card of the previous school year.
Times for try-outs will be announced on cable Channel 17, our electronic bulletin board, weekly parent email messages, and in the Linkletter, as well as here on our web page.
|Sport||Physicals Due||Try-outs Begin|
|Football (boys)||August 8, 2011||August 8, 2011 at 9:00 am|
|Volleyball (girls)||August 17, 2011||August 17, 2011 at 3:30 pm|
(boys & girls)
|August 22, 2011||August 22, 2011 at 3:00 pm|