Sandusky Elementary School
5828 Apache Ln.
Lynchburg, VA 24502
From the Lynchburg Expressway, take the Fort Avenue exit. Turn left at the third light (in front of Quaker Memorial Church) onto Sandusky Drive. At the end of the street, turn left onto Pawnee Drive. Take the 2nd right onto Sanhill Drive. Take the third left onto Apache Lane. Sandusky Elementary School is at the end of the street; Sandusky Middle School is on the left.
Motto: We Do It Better When We Do It Together
Students: 8:40 a.m. – 3:35 p.m.
Teachers: 8:15 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Administration and Clerical Staff: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m
Two semesters, four grading periods of nine weeks each
Partners in Education
- Lynchburg Fire Department, Station 3, Shift B
- McDonald's (Route 221)
- PIP Printing
- R.M. Gantt Construction
- Texas Roadhouse
- The Historic Sandusky Foundation and Civil War Museum
Sandusky Elementary School is Fully Accredited by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Community, parent, and student volunteers are an integral part of Sandusky's success. From Book Buddies to library helpers, volunteers help make learning special for Sandusky's students.
- 20 Classroom Teachers: Pre-Kindergarten through 5th Grade
- Resource Teachers and Educational Professionals: Title I, Art, Movement Education, Music
- Media Specialist, Guidance Counselor, Instructional Assistants
- Staff to accommodate students with special needs: Teachers, Teacher Assistant, OT, and PT
Sandusky Elementary was built in 1964. Additions and renovations were made in 1967 and 1975. The building is 47,150 sq. ft. on 10 acres.