This is a one-year Master Partnership between Virginia School of the Arts and Dearington Elementary School. The partnership will be renewed annually upon review and mutual consent of both parties.
This master partnership between The Virginia School of the Arts and Dearington Elementary School is designed to provide exposure and promotion of the art form of dance to the Dearington student body. It will also provide a wider spread interest in the community for dance. The Dearington Elementary School and Virginia School of the Arts will provide support in a variety of ways to each other thus establishing a positive relationship among the students, parents and staff for both schools toward this educational partnership.
- To promote community awareness of dance and movement.
- To provide opportunities for the student body at Dearington Elementary School to participate in dance.
- To provide exposure to dance through lecture demonstrations and mini performances.
- To provide an increased awareness to the student body at Dearington Elementary School regarding the rewards received through hard work and self-discipline.
- Virginia School of the Arts will provide two mini performances and/or lecture demonstrations during the school year at Dearington Elementary School.
- Virginia School of the Arts will provide two dance classes for the fifth graders prior to each performance/lecture. A faculty member and two students from The Virginia School of the Arts will provide instruction. This will take place at Dearington Elementary School.
- The Fifth graders will have an opportunity to participate in a choreographed dance for the rest of the student body at Dearington Elementary School. This will be done during the scheduled mini performances.
- Dearington Elementary School students will be encouraged to take dance lessons through Virginia School of the Arts if there is an interest in dance.
- The students at The Virginia School of the Arts will be invited to special events at Dearington Elementary School so that a positive and open relationship is formed between both student bodies.
- Virginia School of the Arts will allow the students at Dearington Elementary School to come and see their school for a field trip. They will be exposed to a behind the scenes look at what it is like to be a dance student. They will also learn how much hard work and self-discipline it takes to be a dancer.
- Representatives from Virginia School of the Performing Arts and Dearington Elementary School will serve on the Partnership Planning Committee to plan, monitor and evaluate all partnership activities.
- Virginia School of the Arts and Dearington Elementary School will promote the partnership in the community and publicize partnership activities through newsletters and press releases.
All parties will provide written evaluation of partnership activities by completing a partnership evaluation form at the end of the school year.
Mrs. Terrie Haley, Principal, Dearington Elementary School
Ms. Lisa Thomas, Modern/Jazz Faculty, Virginia School of the Arts
Ms. Dominique Angel, Ballet Faculty, Virginia School of the Arts
Mr. Lee Mattox, Special Education Teacher, Dearington Elementary School
Mrs. Pam Carroll, parent, Dearington Elementary School