Dear LCS Colleagues,
On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 the school administration team presented the school board with an updated draft of the 2015-2016 academic calendars for LCS and Bass Elementary. Before the final draft of the calendar is brought to the school board for a vote during the March 17 meeting, it continues to be important for our community to be a part of the decision-making process.
- Click here for the LCS 2015-2016 Academic Calendar DRAFT REVISED
- Click here for the Bass Elementary 2015-2016 Academic Calendar DRAFT REVISED
- Click here for the Updated Calendar Proposal Presentation
- Click here for the Review of Year Round School Programs Presentation
These updates to the calendar draft were based on feedback from staff and community in February. Click below for a summary of comments made during the community and staff call-in meetings that were held in February.
These are some of the highlights from the community discussions that were incorporated into the LCS 2015-2016 Academic Calendar DRAFT REVISED:
- August—Modifies staff start date to provide greater professional flexibility
- October—Modifies break week by moving one week earlier to align more with end of quarter
- October—Establishes designated intervention/support days within the break when resources are available
- November—Creates November 2-3 as professional development days, overlapping with Election Day
- February—Shifts what had been the second spring break week to February (aligns with President’s Day) and designates three intervention/support days when funds are available
- June—Concludes year on Thursday
- 2016-2017 Similar calendar proposed as a two-year plan: Click on links below to view the 2016-2017 proposed calendars
We will have additional opportunities for parent, guardian, and staff input to share your comments and questions about the drafts of the 2015-2016 academic calendars for LCS and Bass Elementary. The final version of the LCS 2015-2016 Academic Calendar will be brought for the school board's consideration on March 17. We encourage you to become involved in these discussions by:
Attending the Public Hearing led by members of the school board to discuss the LCS 2015-2016 Academic Calendar DRAFT
Monday, March 9, 7:00 p.m. in the Sandusky Middle School cafeteria
- Completing the updated online survey with your comments and questions about the updated draft. Please complete this survey by Friday, March 13.
Discussions for the Bass proposed calendar will come at a later date.
Thank you for taking part in these important discussions.