FREE SUMMER MEALS
The Lynchburg City Schools School Nutrition Program is offering free meals to kids 18 and under this summer at two open feeding sites:
- R. S. Payne Elementary School located at 1201 Floyd Street
- Perrymont Elementary School located at 409 Perrymont Avenue (LUNCH ONLY)
No paperwork is required. A free breakfast and lunch is offered every Monday through Friday through August 7.
Breakfast is served 8:30 to 9:30 and lunch is served 12:30 to 1:30. Adults are welcome to eat for a small fee: Adult Breakfast is $1.25; Adult Lunch is $2.50.
Bring a friend and enjoy a delicious breakfast and lunch all summer long in the Payne or Perrymont school cafeteria! Community groups such as church and athletic camps are also welcome!
FREE CLINIC FOR IMMUNIZATIONS AND PHYSICALS
Lynchburg City Schools is partnering with the Centra Mobile Med, a free clinic on wheels, to provide services to children and adults this summer.
CENTRA Mobile Med has added the following date and location for an additional free mobile med: Wednesday, August 12, at Park View Mission on Memorial Avenue. CALL 665-8233 to schedule your appointment. The Centra Mobile Meds at R. S. Payne and Hutcherson are now full and cannot accept new appointments.
Dates: Friday, July 10 at Carl B. Hutcherson School
Friday, July 17 at Carl B. Hutcherson School
Friday, July 31 at R. S. Payne Elementary School (now full)
Friday, August 7 at Carl B. Hutcherson School (now full)
Wednesday, August 12 at Park View Mission
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed from noon to 1 p.m.)
Carl B. Hutcherson School is located at 2401 High Street, Lynchburg, VA
R. S. Payne Elementary is located at 1201 Floyd Street, Lynchburg VA
Park View Mission is located at 2420 Memorial Avenue, Lynchburg, VA
Contact: (434) 944-6925
Services for children will include:
- Immunizations for children with Medicaid and those without insurance (including T-Dap for 6th-grade students)
- Preschool readiness physicals
- Sports physicals
Services for adults will include:
- Management of diabetes and high blood pressure
- Upper respiratory infection, urinary tract infection, seasonal allergies, muscle aches
- Pink eye
- Skin rashes and other various illnesses
What you need to bring:
- Copy of child’s latest immunization record if you have this
- Picture ID
- If someone other than the parent of child brings the child, bring a written letter of permission from the parent consenting to the treatment or proof of custody of the child