The standards to be employed in evaluation of grant applications will be broad in nature. Grant applications must demonstrate innovative and effective ways to meet student needs and increase motivation to learn. Lynchburg City Schools Education Foundation, Inc. funds will not be expended for payment of salaries, administration, or construction of facilities that constitute a part of the basic education program of the Lynchburg City School Division.
All grant applications must include the following:
- Descriptions of program or proposal
- Statement of the project objective(s)
- Statement of need or needs
- Grant amount requested
- Detailed Itemized Budget
The following process will be used in the evaluation of all grant applications:
- Grant applications will be submitted during the current grant cycle with the Lynchburg City Schools Education Foundation, Inc. accepting applications from teachers and administrators.
- Applications will be evaluated by a Grant Review Committee, with assistance from one member of the Education Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Classroom Innovation Grants shall be awarded in the amount of $500–$2000. The total amount to be awarded will be determined by the Education Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Master Classroom Innovation Grants shall be awarded in the amount of $2001–$5000. The total amount awarded will be determined by the Education Foundation Board of Trustees.
- The Grant Review Committee, taking all grant applications into consideration and the amount of funds available, will make preliminary decisions and recommend action to be taken by the Education Foundation Board of Trustees.
- The Education Foundation Board of Trustees will review the recommendations of the Grant Review Committee and will make decisions based upon the availability of funds and any priorities that have been established.
- Grant recipients will be expected to attend a year-end grant awards program hosted by the Education Foundation Board of Trustees. Grant recipients will be asked to create an informational display of their grant project as well as to provide a written summary of their grant project.
- Grant fund expenditures are the responsibility of the grant recipients, and an itemized list of expenditures must be included with the final grant report submitted at the end of the school year. Classroom Innovation grants final reports will be shared with the sponsoring business or organization. All grant funds should be deposited in, and spent through, an individual school account.