The Lynchburg City School Board will hold an organizational meeting annually.
At that meeting the Board will
- establish its regular meeting schedule for the following year,
- elect one of its members as chairman,
- approve a designee of the superintendent to attend meetings of the School Board in case of the superintendent’s absence or inability to attend, and
- appoint, on the recommendation of the superintendent, a clerk of the School Board.
Upon election, the chairman will immediately assume office and preside over the remainder of the meeting.
In addition, the Board
- may elect one of its members as vice-chairman and
- may appoint a deputy clerk.
The vice-chairman and deputy clerk, if any, will be empowered to act in all matters in case of the absence or inability to act of the chairman or clerk, respectively, or as otherwise provided by the Board.
The terms of the chairman, clerk, vice-chairman and deputy clerk will be one year.
The Board’s annual organizational meeting will be held in July.
Adopted by School Board: June 4, 2013
Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended, §§ 22.1‑72, 22.1-76.
BCB School Board Officials