Ownership of Materials
1. Lynchburg City Schools shall maintain ownership and copyright for any materials produced by Lynchburg City Schools' employees when the work is produced on school time or uses any school division human, facility, equipment or supervisory resources.
2. Any employee who creates material using his/her own equipment, during personal time and utilizes no division resources shall maintain the ownership and copyright of that material.
3. An employee may request a waiver of copyright and ownership for any material that may be the property of the School Board by providing the request to the Superintendent with an explanation of the request for the waiver.
4. The Superintendent shall review the waiver request and may present the request to the School Board for approval.
5. If the waiver request is approved, Lynchburg City Schools' students and staff shall not be charged for the use of the materials.
Adopted: March 5, 2019
Title 17 (P.L. 94-552 Copyright Law), Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended, Section 22.1-78