The Superintendent’s Parent Advisory Council is a citizen organization created for the purpose of providing effective two-way communication between the parents of children that attend Lynchburg City Schools and the Superintendent of Lynchburg City Schools.
1. The Superintendent’s Parent Advisory Council meetings enable the Superintendent and parents to discuss matters which affect teaching and learning as well as the overall operations of our schools. Furthermore, these meetings provide an identifiable channel for communication within the school division. This function includes, but is not limited to:
- hearing, interpreting, and disseminating information regarding policies, goals, and programs of the school board;
- gathering information regarding interests, concerns, needs, ideas, and recommendations from citizens of the community;
- serving as a liaison organization between groups of citizens and the school board;
- planning, implementing, utilizing, and evaluating other means for enhancing effective two-way communication between the citizens of the community and the Superintendent.
2. To make specific recommendations that reflect the will of the citizens of the community to the Superintendent/School Board in areas such as:
- broad goals and objectives of the school system,
- structure and organization of the school system,
- programs within and proposed for the school system,
- the budget of the school system,
- e. other areas as the Superintendent/School Board may consider appropriate.
The Superintendent’s Parent Advisory Council may have up to three representatives from each school in the division. Additional representatives may be added at the discretion of the Superintendent.
The Superintendent’s Parent Advisory Council serves in a purely advisory capacity; none of its actions, recommendations, opinions, viewpoints or suggestions are in any way binding upon the Superintendent or the School Board.
Approved by Superintendent: October 23, 1980
Revised by Superintendent: August 2, 1983
Revised by Superintendent: October 20, 2014
Revised by School Board: June 4, 2019