The Lynchburg City School Board establishes the following objectives for the school lunch and breakfast program:
1. To provide wholesome, appetizing meals at a reasonable cost;
2. To promote good personal hygiene, well-balanced nutritional habits and social amenities;
3. To encourage participation through activities in the total school program in cooperation with students, patrons and staff.
To implement these objectives the superintendent shall develop administrative procedures designed to accomplish the following:
1. To receive input from student, patron and staff committees of the individual schools or the school division. Such committees should offer constructive suggestions for achieving the board's objectives and improving the school lunch program.
2. To implement these suggestions as appropriate within the division;
3. To make periodic reports to the board with recommendations for action designed to achieve the board's objectives.
Code of Va., § 22.1 -24. Administration of "National School Lunch Act." (Part 210--National School Lunch Program, Regulations at 210.19 (A) .) (1980)
Code of Va., § 22.1-24 Administration of “National School Lunch Act” – The Superintendent of Public Instruction s hereby designated as the “State Educational Agency” for the disbursement of funds received by the commonwealth of Virginia under the provisions of Public Law 396, 79th congress, known as the “National School Lunch Act” and any successor act or amendment thereto; and as such is authorized, empowered and directed to exercise the powers and perform the duties conferred and imposed by such act of Congress. (1980)
Editor's Note: See Superintendent of Public Instruction Regulatory Memo. No. 7,
February 29, 1980--"Student and Parent Involvement in the School Lunch Program."
Adopted by School Board: June 5, 1973
Revised by School Board: January 6, 1981
Revised by School Board: August 2, 1983
Revised by School Board: August 1, 1989