Other Useful Info
- Our Schools
- School Board
Who May Apply – Lynchburg City Schools Pre-Kindergarten
- Lynchburg City Schools is accepting applications for the 2016-2017 school year for children who will be four years old by September 30, 2016.
- Parents of children who are residents of Lynchburg City.
- Acceptance is based on meeting one or more criteria set by the state and the Lynchburg City Schools Pre-Kindergarten Screening Process.
How to Apply
- Complete the Pre-Kindergarten Application and return it to one of the following locations by March 31, 2016:
- In person at any Lynchburg City elementary school or the Lyn-CAG Head Start Program
- By mail or fax to:
915 Court St
Lynchburg, VA 24504
Fax: (434) 522-3774
- Applications are available online or at one of the following locations: Head Start Centers, Lynchburg Health Department, any Lynchburg City elementary school, Johnson Health Clinic, Lynchburg Community Action Group, Carl B. Hutcherson Early Learning Center, and LCS School Administration Building.
Selection Process – Lynchburg City Schools Pre-Kindergarten
- Only children who will be four (4) on or before September 30, 2016 will be screened.
- Screening will determine eligibility.
- Once the child has been accepted, the parent/guardian will be contacted by letter.
Once accepted to the Lynchburg City Schools Pre-Kindergarten Program you will need to provide the following information at the beginning of the school year:
- The child’s state birth certificate (Application for Birth Certificate - Vital Record)
- The child’s current physical examination record (Physical Examination Form)
- The child’s immunization record (Immunization Requirements)
- The child’s social security number (Application for a Social Security Card)
- Proof of residence
Lynchburg City Schools can help you get this information. Contact any Lynchburg City elementary school for forms and information.
Lynchburg City Schools can help you get this information. Contact any Lynchburg City elementary school for forms and information. Direct any questions regarding this information to (434) 515-5030.