Parent Portal & Calendars
Other Useful Info
Useful Links & School Hours can be found on the Parent/Student Overview page
- School Board
Who May Apply – Lynchburg City Schools Pre-Kindergarten
- Lynchburg City Schools is accepting applications for the 2014-2015 school year for children that will be four years old by September 30, 2014.
- Parents of children who are residents of Lynchburg City.
- Acceptance is based on the needs of a child as determined by the Lynchburg City Schools Pre-K screening process.
How to Apply
Complete the Pre-Kindergarten Application and return it to one of the following locations by March 28, 2014:
- In person at any Lynchburg City elementary school or the Lyn-CAG Head Start Program
By mail or fax to:
Carl B. Hutcherson Building
2401 High Street
Lynchburg, VA 24504
Fax: (434) 522-2323
- Applications are available online or at one of the following locations: Head Start Centers, Lynchburg Health Department, any Lynchburg City elementary school, Johnson Health Clinic, Lynchburg Community Action Group, Inc., and Carl B. Hutcherson Early Learning Center
Selection Process – Lynchburg City Schools Pre-Kindergarten
- Only children who will be four (4) on or before September 30, 2014 will be screened.
- Screening will determine eligibility.
- Once the child has been accepted, the parent/guardian will be contacted by letter.
Once accepted to the Lynchburg City Schools Pre-Kindergarten Program you will need to provide the following information at the beginning of the school year:
- The child’s state birth certificate (Application for Birth Certificate - Vital Record)
- The child’s current physical examination record (Physical Examination Form)
- The child’s immunization record (Immunization Requirements)
- The child’s social security number (Application for a Social Security Card)
- Proof of residence
Lynchburg City Schools can help you get this information. Contact any Lynchburg City elementary school for forms and information.
Lynchburg City Schools can help you get this information. Contact any Lynchburg City elementary school for forms and information. Direct any questions regarding this information to (434) 515-5180.