Parent Portal & Calendars
Other Useful Info
Useful Links & School Hours can be found on the Parent/Student Overview page
- School Board
- 5 Minutes
- 5 Times
- 5 Words
- 5 Acts
- 5 Activities
- 5 Minutes
- 5 Hours
- 5 Days
- 5 Dollars
- 5 Classes
Every single student has something to offer to the community, whether it’s a talent, a kind word, a selfless deed, an intellectual discussion or something else. Lynchburg City Schools asks every student to have a positive influence for those around him or her by doing the following:
- Take 5 minutes a day to talk with your parent, guardian or siblings about school.
- Commit 5 times to tutoring someone, being tutored, or both, each semester.
- Give 5 words of encouragement to someone at school each day.
- Contribute 5 acts of character each week.
- Participate in 5 activities each year highlighting your unique talents and abilities (art, poetry, essay, theatre, math, athletics, etc.).
Parents, we are delighted that you are considering joining the partnership of volunteers and educators who work together to help students grow and learn. Education is challenging and costly, but your help can make a difference in the quality of service the schools can provide.
Your experience, knowledge, and skills are valuable to us and will be put to good use. As a warm and caring adult, your personal gift of assistance and time will have a lasting impact on our children. We hope you will find your volunteer work in the Lynchburg City Schools exciting and satisfying. Thank you for your support of education and the youth of Lynchburg.
Lynchburg City Schools asks every parent of every child to do the following:
- Spend 5 minutes or more reading to your child and/or discussing school with your child every day.
- Contribute 5 hours or more of volunteer service to your child’s school each year.
- Give 5 days or more of attendance at school events.
- Donate 5 dollars or more to school’s PTO.
- Take 5 classes or more of schooling beyond high school. A GED or high school diploma is encouraged of every parent, and if they don’t have one, LCS has programs to help you get one.
As members of our community, your skills are a valuable resource inside the classroom, your presence is a welcome face at our many events, and your dollars help support our mission for every child. Fill out a volunteer application today!
- Sponsor a student
- Volunteer at a school or event
- Attend an LCS event
- Read or donate a book to a school
- Donate to LCS through our various partnerships
Parents, guardians and community members, if you plan on volunteering this year, please know you will need to complete a volunteer application that will include a background check prior to your service – even if you’ve volunteered before. We will need your full name and date of birth but no money. This is free to you! You can pick up the application at any of our schools or download it using the link below. Please return a completed copy of the application to each school in which you will volunteer.
Again, thank you for volunteering your time!