- School Board
Lynchburg City Schools asks every parent of every child to do the following:
- 5 minutes or more of reading to your child and/or conversation about school with your child every day.
- 5 hours or more of volunteer service to your child’s school each year.
- 5 days or more of attendance at school events.
- 5 dollars or more to school’s PTO
- 5 classes or more of schooling beyond high school. A GED or high school diploma is encouraged of every parent, and if they don’t have one, LCS has programs to help you get one.
We are delighted that you have chosen to join the partnership of volunteers and educators who work together to help students grow and learn. Education is challenging and costly, but your help can make a difference in the quality of service the schools can provide.
Your experience, knowledge, and skills are valuable to us and will be put to good use. As a warm and caring adult, your personal gift of assistance and time will have a lasting impact on our children. We hope you will find your volunteer work in the Lynchburg City Schools exciting and satisfying. Thank you for your support of education and the youth of Lynchburg.
If you plan on volunteering this year, please know you will need to complete a volunteer application that will include a background check prior to your service – even if you’ve volunteered before. We will need your full name and date of birth but no money. This is free to you! You can pick up the application at any of our schools or download it using the link below. Once completed, return the application to one of our schools or mail it to the following address:
Lynchburg City Schools
Attn: Erin Price-Hand
915 Court Street
Lynchburg, VA 24504
An email or letter will be sent to confirm your application has been cleared.
If you decide to volunteer you must also fill out an emergency medical form. Please return a completed copy of that form to each school in which you will volunteer.
Again, thank you for volunteering your time!