- School Board
Mandatory Forms and Notices
- Physical Examination Form
- Student Code of Conduct
- Scoliosis Fact Sheet
- Notice and Permission for Field Trip – Elementary Only
- Application for Entrance and Emergency Medical Form
- Acceptable Use Policy for School Division Technology Resources (AUP)
- Student Acceptable Use Policy Agreement
- Supply Lists
- 2012-2013 Free and Reduced Meal Application
- 2012-2013 Free and Reduced Meal Letter
- Allergy Action Plan
- Asthma Health Care
- Diabetes Medical Management Forms
- Emergency Action / Health Care
- Authorization to Administer Medication Form
- Seizure Health Care
- Refusal For Media and Publication of Pictures
- Counseling Opt Out Form
- 4th and 5th Grade Family Life Opt Out Form
- 6th Grade Family Life Opt Out Form
- 7th Grade Family Life Opt Out Form
- 8th Grade Family Life Opt Out Form
- 9th Grade Family Life Opt Out Form
- 10th Grade Family Life Opt Out Form
- Senior Course Load Waiver Application
- Student Accident Insurance
- Click here for registration information for the Pre-Kindergarten Program.
Not sure what school your address is zoned for? Click here and type your street name in School Finder.
Pre-K and Kindergarten Orientation
Transportation provided for pre-kindergarten and kindergarten students and their parents/guardians. Buses will pick up students and parents according to scheduled times. Schedules will be distributed on registration day.
6th Grade Orientation
9th Grade Orientation
First Day of School
August 26, 2013
Proof of Residency
Be prepared to provide proof of residency. Two of the following will be accepted as proof of residency:
- Current utility bills
- Current rent receipts with address on receipt
- Closing papers of home purchased
- City registration of vehicle (The City of Lynchburg requires that vehicles be registered within 30 days of moving to Lynchburg)
If a family is homeless and living in temporary shelter within the city, the children will be accepted into school upon receipt of documentation from the shelter administrator.
Enrolling in Pre-K or Kindergarten
Prior to entry for the first time to any public pre-k, kindergarten or to any public elementary school, a child must have a comprehensive physical exam by a qualified licensed physician; the scope of this examination is prescribed by the State Department of Health. Any transfer student enrolling in Lynchburg City Schools for the first time from another state must have a comprehensive physical exam. The physical exam must have been completed within twelve months prior to enrollment. Admission of students without a physical examination is not allowed! Click here to see physical examination and immunization requirements.
Children who are five years old by September 30th are eligible to attend kindergarten.
Before a child may enter school, the parent or guardian is asked to provide the following records:
- The child’s state birth certificate
- The child’s current physical examination record (this record must be submitted before the child can be enrolled)
- The child’s immunization record
The child’s social security number
What to Expect on Registration Day
Class schedules and assignments will be given on registration day, as well as details on school lunch, transportation and other important information for the 2013-2014 school year.