Other Useful Info
- Our Schools
- School Board
ALL RETURNING FAMILIES WITH NEW AND RETURNING CHILDREN, please use the Infinite Campus Parent Portal to register your children. If you do not have a Parent Portal account set up, please contact your child’s school to do this. Using your Parent Portal will save you time because you will not have to re-enter basic information that the school already has and will prevent duplicated entries of your child. All you will need to do is update any changes and add any new children (for example if you have children attending LCS already and have a kindergarten student attending for the first time) before submitting the online registration application through your Parent Portal account.
ALL NEW FAMILIES WITH NEW CHILDREN ONLY, please use the NEW PARENT online registration link.
If you have questions, please contact your child's school or call (434) 515-5000.
Proof of Residency
Be prepared to provide two current forms of proof of residency. This applies to both new and returning students for all schools. A driver’s license is not considered a proof of residency.
Valid proof of residency includes:
- Current utility bill (gas, oil, electric, water, cable, land line)
- Rent/mortgage agreement
- Current rent receipts with address on receipt
- Closing papers of home purchased
- City registration of vehicle (The City of Lynchburg requires that vehicles be registered within 30 days of moving to Lynchburg)
If you do not have the above, and you and your children are living with someone else in the city, you need to provide the division with the following:
- a notarized letter from the person with whom you are living, stating that the parent/guardian and child are residing with them at this address, and the date they moved to this address; and
- two proofs of residency from the person with whom you are living (the name on the notarized letter needs to match the name on the two proofs of residency).
If a family is homeless and living in a temporary shelter within the city, the children will be accepted into school upon receipt of the documentation from the shelter administrator.
Enrolling in Pre-K or Kindergarten
Prior to entry for the first time to any public pre-k, kindergarten or to any public elementary school, a child must have a comprehensive physical exam by a qualified licensed physician; the scope of this examination is prescribed by the State Department of Health. Any transfer student enrolling in Lynchburg City Schools for the first time from another state must have a comprehensive physical exam. The physical exam must have been completed within twelve months prior to enrollment. Admission of students without a physical examination is not allowed! Click here to see physical examination and immunization requirements.
Children who are five years old by September 30th are eligible to attend kindergarten. Children who are four years old by September 30th are eligible to apply for LCS Pre-Kindergarten.
Before a child may enter school, the parent or guardian is asked to provide the following records:
- The child’s birth record
(Application for Birth Certificate - Vital Record)
- The child’s current physical examination record must be submitted before the child can be enrolled
(Physical Examination Form)
- The child’s immunization record (Immunization Requirements)
New Students (all grades)
Please bring a copy of your child’s state-issued birth certificate, social security card, physical exam, and immunization records.
Any transfer student enrolling in Lynchburg City Schools for the first time from another state must have a comprehensive physical exam. The physical exam must have been completed within twelve months prior to enrollment.