- School Board
Who May Apply – Lynchburg City Schools Pre-Kindergarten
- Lynchburg City Schools is accepting applications for the 2013-2014 school year for children that will be four years old by September 30, 2013.
- Parents of children who are residents of Lynchburg City.
- Acceptance is based on the needs of a child as determined by the Lynchburg City Schools Pre-K screening process.
How to Apply
Complete the Pre-Kindergarten Application and return it to one of the following locations:
- In person at any Lynchburg City elementary school or the Lyn-CAG Head Start Program
By mail or fax to Mr. Michael Rudder
Lynchburg City Schools
915 Court Street
P. O. Box 2497
Lynchburg, VA 24505
Fax: (434) 455-0979
- Applications are available online or at one of the following locations: Head Start Centers, Lynchburg Health Department, any Lynchburg City elementary school, Johnson Health Clinic, The Parent Resource Center, Lynchburg Community Action Group, Inc., Lynchburg Public Library, and Hutcherson Early Learning Program.
Selection Process – Lynchburg City Schools Pre-Kindergarten
- Only children who will be four (4) on or before September 30, 2013 will be screened.
- Screening will determine eligibility.
- Once the child has been accepted, the parent/guardian will be contacted by letter.
Once accepted to the Lynchburg City Schools Pre-Kindergarten Program you will need to provide the following information at the beginning of the school year:
- The child’s state birth certificate
- A current physical examination
- The child’s immunization record
- The child’s social security number
- Proof of residence
Lynchburg City Schools can help you get this information. Contact any Lynchburg City elementary school for forms and information.
Lynchburg City Schools can help you get this information. Contact any Lynchburg City elementary school for forms and information. Direct any questions regarding this information to: Michael Rudder at (434) 515-5036.