Who May Apply – Lynchburg City Schools Pre-Kindergarten
- Lynchburg City Schools is accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year for children that will be four years old by September 30, 2017.
- Parents of children who are residents of Lynchburg City.
How to Apply
- Complete the Pre-Kindergarten Application and return it to one of the following locations by March 31, 2017:
- In person at any Lynchburg City elementary school or the Lyn-CAG Head Start Program
- By mail or fax to:
Lynchburg City Schools
Attn. Pam Thomas
915 Court St.
Lynchburg, VA 24504
Fax: (434) 522-2323
- Applications are available online or at one of the following locations:
- LCS elementary schools
- LCS Administration Building
- Hutcherson Early Learning Center
- Johnson's Health Clinic
- Head Start Centers
- Lynchburg Community Action Group
- Lynchburg Health Department
Selection Process – Lynchburg City Schools Pre-Kindergarten
- Only children who will be four years old on or before September 30, 2017 will be screened.
- Once applications are received, parents/guardians will be contacted to schedule an appointment to bring their child in for the Pre-Kindergarten Screening. *Please bring income verification to this appointment.
- Acceptance is based on meeting one or more criteria set by the state and the Lynchburg City School’s Pre-Kindergarten Screening Process.
- Parents/Guardians of accepted students will receive a letter via the U.S. mail.
- Once Pre-Kindergarten openings have been filled, parents/guardians may still apply and eligible children will be placed on a wait list for any openings that become available.
Once accepted to the Lynchburg City Schools Pre-Kindergarten Program you will need to provide the following information at the beginning of the school year:
- The child’s state birth certificate (Application for Birth Certificate - Vital Record)
- The child’s current physical examination record (Physical Examination Form)
- The child’s immunization record (Immunization Requirements)
- Proof of residence
Lynchburg City Schools can help you get this information. Contact any Lynchburg City elementary school for forms and information.