Who May Apply – Lynchburg City Schools Pre-Kindergarten
- Lynchburg City Schools is accepting applications for the 2016-2017 school year for children that will be four years old by September 30, 2016.
- Parents of children who are residents of Lynchburg City.
- Acceptance is based on the needs of a child as determined by the Lynchburg City Schools Pre-K screening process.
How to Apply
- Complete the Pre-Kindergarten Application and return it to one of the following locations by March 31, 2016:
- In person at any Lynchburg City elementary school or the Lyn-CAG Head Start Program
- By mail or fax to:
Lynchburg City Schools
Attn. Pam Thomas
915 Court St.
Lynchburg, VA 24504
Fax: (434) 522-2323
- Applications are available online or at one of the following locations: Head Start Centers, Lynchburg Health Department, any Lynchburg City elementary school, Johnson Health Clinic, Lynchburg Community Action Group, Inc., and Carl B. Hutcherson Early Learning Center
Selection Process – Lynchburg City Schools Pre-Kindergarten
- Only children who will be four (4) on or before September 30, 2016 will be screened.
- Screening will determine eligibility.
- Once the child has been accepted, the parent/guardian will be contacted by letter.
Once accepted to the Lynchburg City Schools Pre-Kindergarten Program you will need to provide the following information at the beginning of the school year:
- The child’s state birth certificate (Application for Birth Certificate - Vital Record)
- The child’s current physical examination record (Physical Examination Form)
- The child’s immunization record (Immunization Requirements)
- The child’s social security number (Application for a Social Security Card)
- Proof of residence
Lynchburg City Schools can help you get this information. Contact any Lynchburg City elementary school for forms and information.