Give Me 5
Other Useful Info
Useful Links & School Hours can be found on the Parent/Student Overview page
The telephone messaging system, Blackboard Connect, will be used on inclement weather days. Please note, employee home telephones and cell phones will be called by 6:00 a.m. on an inclement weather day. If your home telephone and/or cell number has changed, please forward that information to the Department of Personnel so that you will receive Blackboard Connect messages. We will also continue to inform the public about inclement weather closings and delays through the following media outlets: local radio and television stations, WLCS Channel 17, school division voice mail at 515-5080, and via email at www.schoolsout.com.
The following employee codes will be used to inform employees on whether or not they should report to work:
Employee Code 0: Closed—No employees report.
Employee Code 1: Students and employees will report two hours late: essential personnel and school lunch personnel report at their normal time.
Employee Code 2: Closed—Students and less than 12 month employees do not attend. Twelve-month employees and essential personnel should report to work at their normal time.
Employee Code 3: Closed—Students do not attend. All instructional staff, administrative staff, clerical staff and essential personnel should report by ________ a.m.
- If an employee who is expected to work on inclement weather days does not report to work that day, he/she will turn in a leave form for either personal leave or vacation leave. If the employee does not have personal or vacation leave balance their pay will be docked for that day.
- When school is closed due to inclement weather all a fter school activities are canceled unless approved by the Superintendent or his designee.
Essential personnel are defined as the following employees:
- Facilities Maintenance Personnel
- Day shift custodians
- Transportation Dispatchers, Transportation, Secretaries, Mechanics and Fuel Attendant
- Any early dismissal due to inclement weather will be on the 1/2 day schedule.
- Code zero comes with the expectation that school will also be closed the following day.