From Lynchburg Expressway, take 460 West exit (Timberlake Road). Turn left at the 3rd stoplight onto Leesville Road. Heritage is on the left at 501 Leesville Road.
Students: 8:40 a.m. – 3:35 p.m.
Teachers: 8:15 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Administration and Clerical Staff: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Lynchburg City School division is accredited by both the Virginia State Department of Education and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Heritage Elementary School has a long history, beginning when Brookville Elementary School opened its doors in 1926 at the corner of Timberlake and Leesville Roads. The school was annexed by the City of Lynchburg on December 31, 1975. Effective July 1, 1978, and upon the request of the Parent Teacher Association and Planning Council, Brookville Elementary School’s name was changed to Heritage Elementary School. The school has undergone several major renovations which have added additional classrooms, a library, and a court yard.
In June 1986, Heritage Elementary School was one of only six schools in Virginia and one of only 270 schools nationwide recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as one of the most outstanding in the nation. Since becoming Heritage Elementary School, this school has operated under the leadership of several outstanding principals. Our current principal, Mrs. Sharon Anderson was appointed in July 2003.
Helping Every Student Succeed
Every Child Every Day in Every Way