Information and Requirements
Thank you for your interest in substituting as an instructional assistant with Lynchburg City Schools. Only applicants that meet Lynchburg City Schools’ requirements will be notified and scheduled for the orientation.
- Minimum of sixty (60) college credit hours*; or an associate degree; or ParaPro Assessment** score of 455 or higher
- Successful background check
- Three satisfactory job references
* College credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university.
** ParaPro Assessment is the state's formal academic assessment required for teacher assistants. Contact Educational Testing Services for more information.
- Complete the online Lynchburg City Schools’ Employment Application.
- Forward original or a copy of original college transcripts and /or ParaPro test scores (if possessed) to Lynchburg City Schools Personnel Department.
- Documents will be reviewed to determine if the applicant meets Lynchburg City Schools’ needs. Applicants meeting these criteria will be contacted and scheduled to attend an orientation.
|Education||Hours Worked||Daily Rate|
|60 credit hours plus*; associate degree; or ParaPro**||7.0 Hours||$100|
|Long-term substitute, beginning at day eleven||7.0 Hours||Daily rate + $12|
Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis; however, seating is limited for orientation. If you have any questions about the application process, staff from the Department of Personnel are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at (434) 515-5050 or via email at [email protected].