1. What does LCS Payroll provide?
Some of the services provided to you include:
- Processing Payroll
- Processing all federally and state mandated employment documents (W-4s, VA-4 etc.)
- Maintaining employee payroll records
- Issuing W-2s and replacement of lost W-2 forms
- Assisting employees with payroll questions
- Direct Deposits
- Process Leave, Levy, & Garnishments
2. How do I get paid?
Employees are paid through direct deposit. Contracted employees are paid in equal installments over the contracted year. Most employees are paid in 24 equal payments. If you are a classified employee and have less than a 260 day contract, you have the option of being paid over 22 equal payments. If you choose the 22 pay option, you will not receive payment in the month of July.
3. How are all contracted employees paid?
Your total contract is spread over your assigned number of pays:
- 12 month employees - 24 pays
- 11 month employees - 24 pays
- 10.5 month employees - 24 pays
- 10 month professionals - 24 pays
All classified employees less than 260 days can choose 22 or 24 pay option. Contracted employees are not paid by pay period.
Prorated Contract Pay:
Based on the number of days worked out of your yearly contract
- Start after the school year begins or
- Ends before the contract end date
4. How are hourly employees paid?
Hourly employees are paid based on hours worked per pay period.
- 1st–15th of the month and are payable on the 30th
- 16th–30th of the month and are payable on the 15th of the month.
5. When do I get paid?
LCS is on a semi-monthly schedule. The 15th and the 30th of the month. If the 15th or the 30th fall on a weekend or a federal holiday; payment will be on the prior business day.
Click here for the semi-monthly payroll schedule.
6. What does the pay period on my check mean?
Pay periods only apply to overtime, additional work, and substitutes.
7. Do I have to fill out timesheets?
Certain employees performing additional duties such as 21st Century, summer work, & miscellaneous work must submit a timesheet indicating the number of hours worked on each day for the pay period. All payroll activity beings at the school/department level. Each school/department is responsible for obtaining all required documentation and signatures for timesheets, and for maintaining time entries. Both the employee and supervisor must sign and date the timesheet and turn it in to payroll with the appropriate cover sheet. Only accurately filled out timesheets will be processed if submitted by the deadline.
Be sure to include full legal name (clearly print), employee ID, correct calculations, and clearly print dates. Do not fill out the timesheet in advance of the last day worked in the pay period.
8. I think my paycheck is incorrect. What should I do?
Contact the Office of Payroll & Benefits immediately.
9. Am I eligible for overtime?
Eligibility for overtime is determined by job classification. Only non-exempt pre-approved employees may acquire overtime. Appropriate documentation should be completed to approve the overtime. See LCS Commons under forms to print and complete the approval form.
10. I have more questions! Who can I contact?
If you need further assistance beyond the general information provided on this website, contact the Office of Payroll & Benefits. Please refer to the contacts listed on the Payroll & Benefits Staff page.