1. What does LCS Benefits provide?
- Health & Welfare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Voluntary Benefits
- Paid Leave
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Extended Illness Program
- ACA Reporting
- Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Continuation of Health Coverage (COBRA)
- Workers’ Compensation
2. How do I enroll?
You can enroll via Mark III, our benefits Call Center or Self-Service. Please contact the Office of Payroll & Benefits at (434) 515-5089 or firstname.lastname@example.org for enrollment questions.
3. What is the deadline for new hires to enroll?
New hires must enroll within 31 days of their contract start day. Coverage will take effect on the first day of the month following your contract start date. All benefits are based on a calendar year (January through December).
4. What benefits am I eligible for based on hours worked?
|Benefit Coverage||Less than 6 Hours Per Day||Equal to 6 Hours Per Day or Less than 7 Hours||Equal to or Greater Than 7 Hours Per Day|
|Anthem Medical||Not Eligible||x||x|
|Mark III Voluntary Benefits (Flexible Spending Accounts, MetLife Group Cancer, Trustmark Accident, Aflac Group Hospital Indemnity, Aflac Group Critical Illness, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Texas Whole Life, Legal Shield)||x||x|
|Securian Life Insurance||Not Eligible||x|
|Virginia Retirement System (VRS)||Not Eligible||x|
5. What are eligible dependents?
You can enroll the following members of your family:
- Your spouse/partner, who is defined as the person to whom you are legally married and for whom you have a valid government issued marriage certificate.
- Your natural children, legally adopted children, children placed with you for legal adoption, stepchildren or foster children up to the age of 26, regardless of student status. Coverage ends at the end of the month that they turn 26.
- Your children age 26 or older who are not able to support themselves because of a physical or mental disability
Note: When you add a new dependent, you will need to provide proof of his or her eligibility, such as a marriage certificate for a spouse, birth certificate or adoption certificate for children.
6. When can I make changes to my benefits?
Changes may be made during Annual Open Enrollment or within 31 days of a qualifying event.
7. What is the Virginia Retirement System (VRS) employee and employer mandatory contribution?
If you work seven or more hours per day the employee mandatory contribution is 5% of your creditable compensation. The employer contribution is listed below.
|Job Position||Plan 1 Members Employer Contribution||Plan 2 Members Employer Contribution||Hybrid Members Employer Contribution|
|Professional Positions (Teachers, Clerical Personnel, Supervisory Personnel, Administrative Personnel, Instructional Assistants, Managers, Nurses)||16.62%||16.62%||15.62%|
|Non Professional Positions (Custodial, Maintenance, Cafeteria, Bus Drivers)||5.75%||5.75%||4.70%|
8. Do I have to enroll in all benefits that are available?
No, you do not have to enroll in benefits. All benefits are optional.
9. How much does medical, dental, and vision benefits cost?
You can access this information by going to the Benefits Premium Chart.
10. What is WellBeats and TicketsatWork?
Wellbeats is an on-demand fitness provider that delivers fitness classes, challenges, and fitness assessments to employees (Benefit Eligible) anytime, anywhere.
TicketsatWork is the leading Corporate Entertainment Benefits provider, offering exclusive discounts, special offers and access to preferred seating and tickets to top attractions, theme parks, shows sporting events, movie tickets, hotels and much more. All employees are eligible. It is free and simple to enroll:
- Use our company code or your work email to create an account
- Company Code: LYNCHBURG
11. I have more questions! Who can I contact?
If you need further assistance beyond the general information provided on this website, contact the Office of Payroll & Benefits. Please refer to the contacts listed on the Payroll & Benefits Staff page.