Population: 220 Students
Motto: Where Hope and Dreams Come True
Mascot: Bulldog
Colors: Green and White

William Marvin Bass Elementary School is proud to be the first elementary school in Lynchburg to require school uniforms and also the first school to implement a year-round calendar. These innovations were begun in the 2004-05 school year as part of an academic reform package to better serve the needs of our diverse school population.

The academic year begins in July and is divided into four grading periods of nine weeks each. Each grading period has a one week “intersession” during which selected students attend school in the mornings for concentrated work on skills that need further reinforcement. Students and faculty attend the same number of days as the rest of the school system and enjoy the same holidays.

The amended schedule has had a very positive effect on skills retention and reinforcement of a nurturing academic environment where all children are encouraged to succeed.

Directions

Traveling north on Campbell Avenue, turn right onto Seabury Avenue immediately past Fairview United Methodist Church. Traveling south on Campbell Avenue, turn left onto Seabury past Fairview Christian Church. School is at the end of the street.

School Hours

Students: 8:40 a.m. – 3:35 p.m.
Teachers: 8:15 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Administration and Clerical Staff: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

School Year

Two semesters, four grading periods of nine weeks each

Staffing

Twelve full-time classroom teachers and nine professional classified personnel. In addition, there are two Title 1 teachers, two Special Education teachers, and five resource teachers.

School History

Built in 1950 and named for Mr. William Marvin Bass, a former principal. Addition in 1963, renovations from 1996-1999.

Registration & Application Information

Click here for information about registering your student with LCS.

Click here for more information about the application process for students outside of the W. M. Bass attendance zone.