Population: 335 students
School Colors: Red and White
Motto: "Proud of Our Legacy ... Challenged by the Future" "We are family!"
- 18 Classroom Teachers: Pre-Kindergarten through 5th Grade
- Resource Teachers and Education Professionals: Title I, Art, Movement Education,. Music
- Media Specialist, School Counselor, Teacher Assistants
- Staff to accommodate students with special needs: Teachers, Teacher Assistant, OT, and PT
8:55 a.m.-3:55 p.m.
Paul Munro Elementary School's parents and business partnerships actively volunteer as breakfast buddies, tutors, story readers, computer assistants, homeroom "Mothers" or "Dads", and library assistants. Parents also find many other opportunities to volunteer for projects and committees. The PTA sponsors a carnival, silent auction, and other fund raisers that support the PTA budget. The volunteers greatly benefit the educational experience of the students at Paul Munro!
Partners in Education
- American Electric Power
- Horace Mann
- Jersey Mike's Subs
- Randolph College
- United Way - Young Leaders
Who was Paul Munro?
Paul Munro was a Phi Beta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude graduate from Emory University with a Masters and Doctorate from Columbia University. He served one year in the Navy during WWI. He was a Georgia native with teaching experience at the high school and university levels. He had also been a high school principal. Paul Munro was superintendent of Lynchburg City Schools from 1945-61. He was hired at a fixed salary of $5,360. The school division had 7,002 students.