What Services Do We Offer?
Guidance which assists students and their parents in an effort to acquire knowledge of the curricula and to explain choices available to students, to plan a program of studies, to arrange and interpret academic testing, and to seek post-secondary academic opportunities.
Guidance which helps students acquire information and plan action about work, jobs, apprenticeships, as well as post secondary career opportunities.
Counseling which assists students to develop an understanding of themselves, the rights and needs of others, how to resolve conflict and to define individual goals, reflecting their interests, abilities and aptitudes. Such counseling may be provided either (i) in groups in which generic issues of social development are addressed or (ii) through structured individual or small group multi-session counseling which focuses on the specific concerns of the participant(s).
General Counselor Duties
- Crisis Intervention Team Member
- Assist with Career Exploration
- Prepare/Revise/Consult Regarding Student Schedules
- Coordinate & Conduct SOL Testing
- Individual and Group Guidance and Counseling
- Orientation of Students
- Collect, Maintain and Disseminate Information
- Make Appropriate Referrals
- Enroll and Withdraw Students
- Set Up Conferences, as needed