Lynchburg City Schoools will utilize the USDA Summer Food Service Program to provide bagged meals during the COVID-19 school closure. Breakfast and lunch will be available to all children up to age 18 regardless of income.
Starting Monday, March 30, we will be giving out two days’ worth of meals on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. This will include two breakfasts, two lunches, and four cartons of milk. We will not be delivering meals on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
We are adding meal pick up sites on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at the following Parks and Recreation Centers (map) from 11:00 a.m. to noon and reducing bus routes surrounding these locations:
- College Hill Neighborhood Center
- Daniel’s Hill Neighborhood Center
- Diamond Hill Neighborhood Center
- Fairview Heights Neighborhood Center
- Jefferson Park Neighborhood Center
- Yoder Neighborhood Center
We will continue to offer curbside pickup on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at our four school Command Centers along with two elementary schools from 11:00 a.m. to noon:
- E. C. Glass High School
- Heritage High School
- Dunbar Middle School
- Linkhorne Middle School
- Bedford Hills Elementary School
- Paul Munro Elementary School
The apartment complexes and mobile home parks listed below should be to be looking for a white LCS van for meal distribution, unless you see a school bus.
- Jubilee Center - 1512 Florida Avenue
- James Crossing - 800 Greenfield Drive
- Meadows - 2315 Yorktown Avenue
- Park Place - 2404 Tate Springs Road
- Langview Apartments - 2274 Yorktown Avenue
- Brookside Apartments - 81 Belle Terre Drive
- Landover Place Apartments - 2245 Landover Place
- McCausland Ridge Apartments - 2075 Langhorne Road
- Birchwood - 101 Hillside Court
- Brentwood Mobile Home Park - 2301 Lakeside Drive
- Forest Brook Mobile Home Park - 2134 Lakeside Drive
- Craigmont Manor - 1200 Craigmont Drive
- Woodbine Village - Tunbridge Road & Tenbury Drive
- Georgetown Forest Apartments - 213 E. Cadbury Drive
- Timber Ridge 1 & 2 - 7500 Timberlake Road
- Vistas at Dreaming Creek - 7612 Timberlake Road
- Burton Creek - 679 Leesville Road
Parents, guardians and other adult caregivers will be able to pick up meals for their eligible children without the children needing to be present. School nutrition staff will use a log at each pick up location (bus, van, school command center, or neighborhood center) to record the name of the person picking up the meal on behalf of the eligible child.
Use the map below to find the stops in you area. Click the red marker to see the approximate delivery time.