The cancellation of school on Wednesday, February 18th has impacted our planned community meetings regarding the proposed LCS calendar for 2015-2016. The meetings themselves have not been cancelled, but now will be held with a call-in format instead. Julia Keleher, the consultant that has been conducting the study related to the calendar, will be conducting the calls at 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. for the community. The purpose of the meetings is to provide the LCS community with an opportunity to share their thoughts, questions, ideas, as well as identify any factual details that need to be clarified. Dr. Keleher will compile the feedback and questions and share these with the school district administration so that they can be incorporated into the final review of the proposed calendar by the School Board on March 3rd.
To join the call-in meeting, follow these steps at either 1:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 18:
1. Dial (712) 432-1500
2. When prompted, then dial the following Participant Access Code: 126381#
Please note the following once you join the call:
1. You will be directly placed into the Conference Call once you enter the passcode. New participants will not be announced as they join.
2. All participants will automatically be muted to reduce interference from background noise.
3. To unmute your phone line to ask a question or make a comment, please press *6
4. Before sharing your comment with the group please state your role and your child’s grade level. Knowing the grade level will increase LCS leadership’s capacity to create differentiated responses to parent concerns. You are welcome to share your name, but this is not required.