Seven students from E. C. Glass and Heritage high schools have been accepted into the 2017 Summer Residential Governor’s Schools and Foreign Language Academies. The academies provide these students with intensive educational experiences in visual and performing arts, mathematics, science, and technology, and world languages. Students will live on a college or university campus for up to four weeks this summer where they will be involved in classroom activities, laboratory work, field studies, research, projects, and performances. Those students selected for the Foreign Language Academies will experience full-immersion in the language from everyday activities to classroom discussions to field trips. All participating students gain valuable experience and skills from practicing professors and professionals in their chosen field of study. These students are to be commended for their hard work. Congratulations on being accepted into these distinguished programs!
- Asia Miller, ECG - Visual and Performing Arts
- Ella Legg, HHS - Visual and Performing Arts
- Ahyun Kim, HHS - Mathematics, Science, and Technology
- Macy Brandon, ECG - German Academy
- Reagan McDaniel, ECG - French Academy
- Grace Chun, HHS - German Academy
- Frederick Smallshaw, HHS - German Academy