We continue to err on the side of safety during coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns. Here is the latest update on measures we are taking:
1. We will be holding an LCS Crisis Team Meeting on Friday, March 13 at 9:00 a.m. with LCS senior leadership and directors to discuss:
- Long-range planning focusing on instruction and learning in the event that we get a recommendation from the health department to close schools for a period of time.
2. What we’ve done already:
- Custodial crews started a deep cleaning of all school buildings and offices, and it will continue tomorrow as school is not in session.
- Buses are being cleaned.
- We have cancelled field trips out of town.
- We are cancelling most of our evening family gathering activities.
- We have been following VHSL guidelines. We will continue discussions regarding local competitions.
- We will not schedule any new rentals of our facilities, and we will start contacting existing partners to cancel/reschedule/or postpone existing events, where possible.
3. What we are recommending:
- Any staff who are returning from overseas or any staff who think they may have been exposed to COVID-19 in the U. S. to self quarantine for 14 days. These staff members should reach out to their supervisors.
- Any students who are returning from overseas or think they have been exposed to COVID-19 in the U. S. to self quarantine for 14 days. These families should reach out to their building administrator.
- Limit visitors and volunteers in our schools.
We held a conference call with area superintendents earlier this afternoon and we’ll have a conference call with the state superintendent today at 5:00 p.m. We will continue to maintain open lines of communication so that we are working together as we continue our proactive response.