Dear Students, Parents/Guardians and Staff,
Beginning on March 1, 2022, a new state law will go into effect making masks optional for students in schools. Starting then, students are no longer required to wear masks while in an LCS school building, in another LCS facility, or on any property and/or campus of an LCS sponsored event(s). Students are still required to wear a mask on LCS provided transportation per federal regulations. If you need more information about being a car rider, contact your schools' principal.
Staff and approved visitors must continue to wear a mask while in or on LCS school property.
- LCS continues to encourage mask wearing at school especially considering the transmission rate is still “high” for the Lynchburg and surrounding areas.
- In addition, the Centers for Disease Control and Virginia Department of Health continue to recommend masks to help prevent the spread of infection in our schools.
- Due to the lower vaccination rates of our younger students, masking helps to protect our youngest students. Masking reduces the chances of isolation and quarantine which helps to ensure that our students are receiving in-person instruction five days a week.
Additionally, LCS will continue to offer preventative measures to help mitigate the spread of COVID. These layered strategies have, and will continue to help our students and staff remain safe. These measures include:
- A COVID-19 screening program,
- Vaccination clinics,
- Masks to students & staff,
- Hand sanitization, and
Although we are still in this pandemic, it is important to acknowledge the dedication of our LCS staff, students, families and community stakeholders who have been supporting us throughout this pandemic. We appreciate all of your patience and commitment as we continue to accomplish our mission of every child, by name and by need, to graduation…and beyond!