Are you looking for an early childhood experience designed to equip your child with solid foundational skills to best prepare them for success in kindergarten? Lynchburg City Schools is the place for you. LCS offers Pre-K programming for eligible children who are 3 and 4 years old by September 30, 2022 that live in the city of Lynchburg.
About our Pre-K Programs
- The LCS Pre-K programs are grant funded through the Virginia Preschool Initiative.
- Programs are contingent upon funding & program locations are subject to change.
- Children in LCS Pre-K programs are cared for and taught by knowledgeable licensed teachers and staff with skills to support their development and learning.
- LCS Pre-K programs focus on the necessary literacy, math, self-regulation, and social emotional skills needed to be successful when entering kindergarten.
- The following LCS schools offer Pre-K programming:
- Hutcherson Early Learning Center
- Paul Munro Elementary
- Perrymont Elementary
- Robert S. Payne Elementary
The program is available for children ages 3-4 years old by September 30, 2022 and meets eligibility criteria in accordance with the Virginia Preschool Initiative Guidelines.
Complete and submit an online application for the select program.
Beginning in April, you will receive an email and/or phone call from an LCS representative to schedule your Pre-K screening appointment. (Appointments begin in May.)
Bring the following documents to your Pre-K Screening Appointment:
Parent/Legal Guardians of accepted students will be notified through a letter via U.S. Mail and/or electronic email. Notification of acceptance will begin in June and continue throughout the summer months or until all program allocations have been filled. Students found eligible after all program allocations have been filled will be placed on a waiting list.
All available Pre-K slots for the 2022-23 school year are full. New, eligible applicants for the 4 year old program will be placed on the waitlist. The 3 year old program is no longer accepting applications.
Need assistance completing your application? Don’t have access to a computer or reliable internet? We are here to help. Please call (434) 515-5250 ext. 25210. Leave your name and number and someone will contact you to help you through the application process.
Direct any questions regarding this information to:
Mrs. Renee Anderson
409 Perrymont Avenue
Lynchburg, VA 24502
[email protected] or (434) 515-5250 ext. 25210