Perrymont Elementary School receives grant funding for different projects through a variety of sources and has community support through several partnerships. This includes the following:
American Institutes for Research
American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a national leader in teaching and learning improvement, providing research, assessment, evaluation, and technical assistance to ensure that all students have access to a high-quality, effective education. AIR currently serves as lead turnaround partner at Perrymont Elementary School. Their services focus on building the capacity of site-based personnel, including teachers, leaders, and support staff, to implement and sustain improvement initiatives including the following:
- using effective instructional strategies in all classrooms
- using data to inform changes to classroom instruction and targeted student interventions
- providing ongoing opportunities for parent and community engagement
- establishing a safe and orderly school environment that includes a climate of high expectations for all
- empowering school leaders and their leadership teams to build their personal and collective efficacy.
Through our partnership with Quaker Memorial Church, we offer an after-school reading program to students in grades 1. Volunteers provide tutorial services to identified students free of charge.
Hill City Master Gardeners
We receive funds through our partnership with the Hill City Master Gardeners. The Hill City Master Gardeners support the instructional program at Perrymont Elementary School by funding and offering hands-on activities related to the 4th grade science standards of learning.
We promote school-community involvement through our partnership with Kroger. Our show choir students perform at Kroger each holiday season.
Lynchburg College supports the instructional program at Perrymont Elementary School through tutorial services. These services are provided through the LC work study program and the education department’s field experience program. College students are scheduled to work with identified students at all grade levels K-5.
Lynchburg Education Foundation
The Lynchburg City Schools’ Education Foundation has honored Perrymont Elementary School through its education grant program.
Our partnership with McDonald’s helps to promote parental involvement at Perrymont Elementary School through two family events which are scheduled during the school year at one of our local McDonald’s.
USDA Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program
This grant funded program provides snacks to students in grades K-5. The program is intended to:
- create healthier school environments by providing healthier food choices;
- expand the variety of fresh fruits and vegetables students experience;
- increase students consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables; and
- make a difference in studentsdiets to impact their present and future health.
Waste Management Division of Lynchburg City
Through our partnership with Waste Management, we have a school-wide, aluminum can recycling program. This program involves all students in grades K-5. This program promotes the conservation of resources and raises funds for our instructional program and by providing incentives for our parental involvement program.