The Friends of the E. C. Glass Art Collection sponsored the Community Open House in April, giving the public an opportunity to view the E. C. Glass High School Art Collection. The open house featured:
- Senior Art Show in the Marie Waller Lecture Hall
- New Display Case for Sculpture in the E. G. Glass Auditorium Lobby
- Comic Art in the E. C. Glass Cafeteria
- New Acquisitions throughout the school hallways
Student guides assisted visitors, and student musicians performed throughout the afternoon in the hallways of the school and in the Marie Waller Lecture Hall.
The E. C. Glass Art Collection has become a prestigious and comprehensive body of work, and includes original pieces of art dating back to 1895. Selected works by current students, former students who have excelled in the arts, the E. C. Glass art faculty for over 100 years, and prominent artists in the Lynchburg community are hung in the auditorium lobby and throughout the hallways of the school, cafeteria, library, and classrooms.
The Friends of the E. C. Glass Art Collection was founded in 2011 to involve students, faculty, and the entire community in learning about, celebrating, preserving, and growing the collection. The ultimate goal has always been for Glass students to enjoy the benefit and inspiration of fabulous art in their daily lives.