Your gift will allow the Foundation to continue a variety of educational programs each of which are designed to strengthen and enhance the educational opportunities for LCS students.
Classroom Innovation Grants
These grants support teachers' proposals for innovative projects or programs in the classroom.
Breakfast with the Superintendent Sponsorships
This community outreach event allows our business, civic, and community leaders to learn more about our schools while supporting LCS programs.
Scholarships help to offset the high cost of a college education and increase the chance of student success. Sponsored scholarships usually start at $1,000.
Tools4Schools reduces the opportunity gap by ensuring all students have the supplies they need for success in the classroom AND mitigates the out of pocket spending by teachers on classroom and student resources.
Use this link to sponsor any or all of the programs listed above:
Senior Honors Recognition Sponsorships
This event celebrates the top LCS scholars of each graduating class. To become a sponsor of this event please contact the LCS Education Foundation, Inc. at (434) 515-5081or [email protected].
Donations to the Foundation
- Direct Donation Form You can make a tax-deductible gift of cash, property, stock or any asset for which you can obtain an appraised value. If you would like to make a direct donation by check, please print and complete the Direct Donation Form and send it along with your check to the address below.
- MATCHING GIFTS: Increase the impact of your donation with a matching gift! Request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift. We will do the rest. Some companies also match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.
- VIRGINIA STATE TAX FORM: Allocate all or a portion of your Virginia tax refund, or an additional gift, when you complete your state tax return. Indicate your contribution on line 31 of form 760 and use code 680001 on line 11 of the Virginia Contributions Schedule (VAC), section II. The Foundation will then receive a check in the amount of your donation!
- PLANNED GIVING: Leave a legacy to public education and help fund the future of our Classroom Innovation Grants or other Education Foundation programs. You can demonstrate your commitment to public education by ensuring our teachers, students, and schools have the resources they need to maintain a tradition of excellence. Gifts at any level have an impact. Consider a gift of $25,000 or more to create a named endowment fund to provide support for generations to come. Gifts can be restricted to support the Foundation based on your specified preferences.
- Payroll Deduction Form If you are an employee of the Lynchburg City Schools, you may contribute to the Foundation though payroll deduction. Simply print, complete, and sign the Payroll Deduction Form and mail it to the address below.
- Donate online at Paypal.
- UNITED WAY DONATIONS: You can direct your annual United Way contribution to the LCS Education Foundation or designate it to education.
- SHARE GREATER LYNCHBURG: Lynchburg City Schools Education Foundation, Inc. is featured on this community philanthropic platform.
- GIVE THROUGH YOUR IRA: If you are age 72 or older and have to take required minimum distributions, you can make a tax-free transfer of up to $100,000 each year directly from your IRA to a charity, which counts as your RMD but isn’t included in your adjusted gross income. Ask your IRA administrator about its procedure for making this "qualified charitable distribution" (QCD).
Your tax deductible gift to this non-profit organization will be acknowledged by letter. You will also receive future mailers about the Foundation, its programs and projects.
Mail forms to:
Lynchburg City Schools Education Foundation, Inc.
Attn: Dawn Wise
P.O. Box 2497
Lynchburg, VA 24505
Questions regarding any gift should be directed to LCS Education Foundation, Inc. at (434) 515-5081 or [email protected].
Fed Tax ID# 54-1385200