Classroom Innovation Grants support a culture of innovation and provide teachers with the opportunity to request funding to implement exciting and effective projects and programs designed to meet student needs and increase motivation to learn. Each year the LCS Education Foundation awards over $80,000 in grants and as of October, 2019, the Foundation has awarded over $973,670 in Classroom Innovation Grant funding since its inception. Last year’s grants enabled students to study environmental science on the James River, visit the world through virtual reality, create a “hands in the sand” model to simulate the impact of weather on the land, and much, much more.
Two Levels of Classroom Innovation Grant Funding
Classroom Innovation Grants:
Grants of $500 to $2,000. Approximately 40 awarded each year for innovative programs or projects. Most applications should fall into this category.
Master Classroom Innovation Grants:
Grants of $2,001–$5,000. Typically up to five are offered each year for innovative programs or projects that are targeted to larger student populations, have a greater scope, or addresses significant challenges or opportunities for focused groups of students.
Timeline for 2019-20 Classroom Innovation Grants
- May 13, 2020 – Progress Reports Due
Timeline for 2020-21 Classroom Innovation Grants
- March 1, 2020 – Announce Grant Program & Applications
- March 1, 2020 through May 10, 2020 – Applications Accepted for Spring Grant Cycle
- May 18, 2020 through September 27, 2020 – Applications Accepted for Fall Grant Cycle
- June 5, 2020 – Grant Notification Issued for Spring Applications
- October 30, 2020 – Grant Notification Issued for Fall Applications
- May 12, 2021 – Annual Grants Reception and Progress Reports Due
First Year Sponsors
The LCS Education Foundation Welcomes Our First Year Sponsors!