Classroom Innovation Grants support a culture of innovation and provide teachers with the opportunity to request funding to implement exciting and effective projects and programs designed to meet student needs and increase motivation to learn. Each year the LCS Education Foundation awards over $80,000 in grants and as of December 2020, the Foundation exceeded the one million dollar milestone and has awarded over $1,051,000 in Classroom Innovation Grant funding since its inception. Last year’s grants enabled students to study environmental science on the James River, visit the world through virtual reality, create a “hands in the sand” model to simulate the impact of weather on the land, and much, much more.
Two Levels of Classroom Innovation Grant Funding
Classroom Innovation Grants:
Grants of $500 to $2,000. Approximately 40 awarded each year for innovative programs or projects. Most applications should fall into this category.
Grants of $2,001–$5,000. Typically up to five are offered each year for innovative programs or projects that are targeted to larger student populations, have a greater scope, or addresses significant challenges or opportunities for focused groups of students.
Timeline for 2020-21 Classroom Innovation Grants
- May 12, 2021 – Progress Reports Due
Timeline for 2021-22 Classroom Innovation Grants
- March 1, 2021 – Announce Grant Program & Applications
- March 1, 2021 through May 9, 2021 – Applications Accepted for Spring Grant Cycle
- May 17, 2021 through September 26, 2021 – Applications Accepted for Fall Grant Cycle
- June 4, 2021 – Grant Notification Issued for Spring Applications
- October 29, 2021 – Grant Notification Issued for Fall Applications
- May 11, 2022 – Annual Grants Reception and Progress Reports Due
First Year Sponsors
The LCS Education Foundation Welcomes Our First Year Sponsors!