Skip to main content
Early College Program, Central Virginia Governor’s School and STEM Academy Information
- Students apply to these programs, Early College Program, Central Virginia Governor’s School and STEM Academy, in their 10th grade year for enrollment in their 11th and 12th grade years.
- To ensure that any of these programs are conducive to your post-graduation education, students and families are encouraged to contact the colleges/universities that they might be interested in applying to for their recommendation on the students’ preferred academic program.
- Students accepted into the Early College Program earn their high school diplomas and General Studies associate’s degree simultaneously. The LCS cohort is composed of students from ECG and HHS, roughly 24 students are accepted each year.
- Students accepted into the STEM Academy can earn career certificates. The STEM Academy is a regional program. LCS has about seven slots available; both students from ECG and HHS are applying for these slots.
- CVGS is our most competitive program; it is a regional program. There are approximately 21 LCS spots available for the upcoming school year. Priority will be given to students who are Lynchburg City residents; tuition paying students will be considered on an individual basis.
- Information on all programs can be found in our Program of Studies.
- Students are responsible for ensuring that all applications materials are received prior to or by the deadline date. It’s extremely important to read over the application, follow instructions and meet designated deadlines.
- It is highly recommended that you give your school counselors and teachers enough time to craft a great recommendation; the recommendation is 2-3 weeks prior to the application deadline.
- If you have additional questions, please reach out to your school counselor.