Dear LCS families,
Our traditional Enrollment Day will not be held in our buildings this year, and we will greatly miss seeing our families and students! However, we still may need items from you to complete the enrollment process.
How Do I Complete the Enrollment Process?
If you have a returning LCS student, your enrollment process should be complete as long as you have completed your Online Registration Application in your LCS Parent Portal. There are a few exceptions, including if you have moved out of your school zone, or if you have a rising 7th grader.
If you have enrolled a new student, have moved, or have a rising 7th grader, it is important for schools to acquire the necessary documentation for certain students in order for the student’s enrollment to be complete. If your child is entering Pre-K, Kindergarten, 7th grade or is new to LCS, we need copies of the following:
- Birth Certificate (new students)
- Physical (new students)
- Immunization record (new students)
- Tdap (7th grade)
- Verification of income (PreK)
- Two proofs of residency* (new students only--we will not be requiring proof of residency for returning students this year, unless families have moved out of the school zone.)
*Proof of residency includes:
- Current utility bill (gas, oil, electric, water, cable, landline)
- Rent/mortgage agreement
- Current rent receipts with address on receipt
- Closing papers of home purchased
- City registration of vehicle (The City of Lynchburg requires that vehicles be registered within 30 days of moving to Lynchburg)
How Do I Provide the Necessary Documents to My Child’s School?
- You can deliver copies of these documents to your child’s school. This can be arranged during normal school hours by appointment. Elementary schools and Heritage High School will also offer evening hours on Thursday, August 20th from 4:00-6:00 p.m. Face coverings are required at all times in LCS buildings. When you schedule your appointment, we ask that you bring as few people with you as possible. Schools may also be able to assist you through curbside service. When you schedule your appointment, you can call the school upon arrival, and someone will come out to collect the documents.
- You can mail copies of these documents to your child’s school.
- You can scan and email copies of these documents to your child’s school. Please contact the school to get the appropriate email address to which you should send them.
Please help us by making sure you provide us with these documents by 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 20. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school.