The FY 2022-23 operating budget revenue totals $106,312,231, an increase of $6,003,356 over the FY 2021-22 adopted budget or 5.98%.
- Revenue from the Commonwealth of Virginia is $63,858,808, an increase of $5,056,931 over the FY 2021-22 adopted budget or 8.6%. The state revenue by category is as follows:
- State Sales Tax $13,630,675
- Standards of Quality Funds $34,026,322
- Incentive Programs $8,427,122
- Categorical Accounts $105,224
- Lottery Funded Programs $7,669,465
- Revenue from the federal government for FY 2022-23 is $390,000, which remains constant over the FY 2021-22 adopted budget.
- Revenue from other sources for FY 2022-23 is $1,268,500, which is a decrease of $20,000 over the FY 2021-22 adopted budget or (1.55%).
- Revenue from the City of Lynchburg (City) for FY 2022-23 is $40,794,923, which is level funding an increase of $966,425 over with the FY 2021-22 adopted budget or 2.43%.
The FY 2022-23 operating budget is aligned with Lynchburg City Schools Strategic Plan Goals:
Goal #1 (Student Growth, Development and Success): Lynchburg City Schools affirms that all students are challenged and are actively engaged through a variety of academic pathways, resulting in successful outcomes for post graduate education, career training or military service. Each Lynchburg City School will be accredited and the achievement gap closed.
Goal #2 (Personnel Growth, Development and Development): Lynchburg City Schools strives to recruit, hire, support, train and retain employees to build excellence in education and, most importantly, to meet the needs of all students.
Goal #3 (Fiscal Responsibility and Management): Lynchburg City Schools operates in an efficient, effective, timely and transparent manner with fiscal responsibility to meet our diverse financial needs and develop resources that advance educational outcomes for all students.
Goal #4: (Family and Community Engagement): Lynchburg City Schools purposefully works collaboratively with families, the community and businesses to provide the best education for our students.
The expenditure totals $106,312,231 represents an increase of $6,003,356, a 5.98% increase from FY 2021-22 adopted operating budget. Some of the objectives reflected in this current budget include, but are not limited to:
- Provide employees with a step increase and a cost of living increase on the LCS salary scale. – Goal #2.
- Offer our employees incentives such as new teacher allowances, tuition reimbursement and an employee referral program. – Goal #2
- Increase substitute employee pay rates to attract quality talent to LCS. – Goal #2
- Implement a plan to adequately fund maintenance, technology and transportation to ensure that we maintain, refurbish, and/or replace equipment and division assets in a timely manner. – Goal #1 & 3.
- Give more opportunities to our employees by increasing professional development services at our building sites. – Goal #1, 2 & 3
- Assess and evaluate over the previous budget cycles expenditures related to health and medical costs – Goal #3.
- Enhance and expand family and community engagement. – Goal #1 & 4.
- Expand our early childhood education program to offer more services to 3 and 4-year-olds. – Goal #1
- Expand our student support program to provide services for student mental and behavioral wellness and support. – Goal #1
Lynchburg City Schools 2022-23 Operating Budget