The FY2019-2020 operating budget revenue totals $98,752,961. The increase in FY2019-2020 operating budget revenue is $1,080,554 over the FY2018-2019 adopted budget or 1.11%.
- Revenue from the Commonwealth of Virginia is $54,015,289, an increase of $910,434 over the FY2018-2019 adopted budget or 1.71%. The state revenue by category is as follows:
- State Sales Tax $11,678,652
- Standards of Quality Funds $32,652,584
- Incentive Programs $ 3,070,586
- Categorical Accounts $ 108,209
- Lottery Funded Programs $ 6,505,258
- Revenue from the federal government for FY2019-20 is $488,500, which is an increase of $25,000 over the FY2018-2019 adopted budget or 5.39%.
- Revenue from other sources for FY2019-20 is $2,220,674, which is $145,120 more than the FY2018-2019 adopted budget or 6.99%.
- Revenue from the City of Lynchburg (City) for FY2019-20 is $42,028,498, which remains constant with the FY2018-2019 adopted budget.
The FY2019-2020 operating budget is aligned with Lynchburg City Schools Strategic Plan Goals:
Goal #1 (Student Growth, Development and Success): Lynchburg City Schools affirms that all students are challenged and are actively engaged through a variety of academic pathways, resulting in successful outcomes for post graduate education, career training or military service. Each Lynchburg City School will be accredited and the achievement gap closed.
Goal #2 (Personnel Growth, Development and Development): Lynchburg City Schools strives to recruit, hire, support, train and retain employees to build excellence in education and, most importantly, to meet the needs of all students.
Goal #3 (Fiscal Responsibility and Management): Lynchburg City Schools operates in an efficient, effective, timely and transparent manner with fiscal responsibility to meet our diverse financial needs and develop resources that advance educational outcomes for all students.
Goal #4: (Family and Community Engagement): Lynchburg City Schools purposefully works collaboratively with families, the community and businesses to provide the best education for our students.
The expenditure totals $98,752,961 represents an increase of $1,080,554, a 1.11% increase from FY2018-2019 adopted operating budget. Some of the objectives reflected in this current budget include, but not limited to:
- Provide employees with an average salary increase of 5% in line with the Governor’s recommended budget – Goal #1, 2 & 3.
- Make it a priority that the all staff received at minimum, a salary reflective of living wage which at the time of this publication is an hourly wage of $11.28 – Goal #2 & 3.
- Implement a plan to adequately fund maintenance, technology and transportation to ensure that we maintain, refurbish, and/or replace equipment and division assets in a timely manner – Goal #1 & 3.
- Assess and evaluate over the previous budget cycles expenditures related to health and medical costs – Goal #3.
- Enhance and expand family and community engagement and Partners in Education programs – Goal #1 & 4.