The purpose of this site is to present matters of public interest concerning Lynchburg City Schools (LCS) programs, activities, and honors along with recognizing positive achievements of students, staff, and alumni of the school division. While LCS welcomes all people to contribute to conversations on this page, please note this is a moderated,online discussion site and not a public forum. Visitors are expected to limit their comments to the purpose of this page, maintain a civil discourse and present ideas in a manner that befits a school setting. Please refrain from personal attacks towards students, staff and other commenters.
If you need an official source of information about LCS please visit our website at www.lcsedu.net.
Comments made by the public to our page will be reviewed, and while they will not be edited by our moderators, LCS reserves the right to remove comments that contain:
- Statements unrelated to the purpose and topical scope of the page.
- Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity.
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex,disability, age, genetic information or marital status or any other classification protected under Virginia or federal law.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Incitement to imminent lawless action.
- Fighting words.
- Statement promoting the use of controlled substances or illegal activities.
- Solicitations to commit, or speech integral to, criminal conduct.
- Promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- Promotion in favor of, or in opposition to, a candidate campaigning for election to a political office.
- Copyrighted material (if posted without the copyright holder's consent).
LCS may take steps to have a comment removed if it falls within one of the categories stated above. This site also employs Facebook’s profanity filter, which may automatically remove a comment from public view that uses language marked as offensive by the broader Facebook community.
This page is property of LCS and as such comments made by LCS students and employees will be subject to school division’s Acceptable Computer System Use Policy, Regulation and Agreement. The computer system use-terms and conditions prohibited conduct includes but is not limited to intimidating, harassing, bullying, or coercing others. The failure to comply with the terms of the Agreement, Policy or accompanying Regulation may result in disciplinary action and/or appropriate legal action.
Any views and comments expressed by visitors on this site are those of the users and do not necessarily reflect the views of LCS. Visitors are personally responsible for the content of their posts.
Comments and messages associated with this page may be retained as a matter of public record.
This is an internet page on facebook.com, owned and operated by Facebook, Inc. It has established Community Standards concerning what content is allowed to be posted and the actions that it may take with regard to unauthorized posts. Users are encouraged to report content that violates Facebook’s Terms and Policies by using the official Facebook procedure.
These LCS Facebook Comment Guidelines are subject to amendment or modification at any time.